Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ulysses: Halfway Point and Encouragement


Hello all, and welcome back to our Ulysses read along. We took a small break last week because I was busy getting married (!!!), but now we're back with a vengeance. This week is our hypothetical halfway point, so we're focusing on encouragement, strategy, guides, and generally discussing our progress.

I know that Lori has been moving a bit slowly recently, and I personally have been so busy with wedding and honeymoon stuff (!!!) that I haven't really made any progress this week either. So please, share your progress with us. Where are you? How are you doing? Do you have any tips or tricks for those who are moving a little more slowly? Have you found a guide you particularly love or hate? Link up and let us know. In the mean time, please feel free to check out my post on guides if you are looking for a little something to help you through.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting married!! SO exciting! Where's the honeymoon to? I've decided I'm going to start reading 'Ulysses' as soon as my holiday starts, which will be beginning of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the wedding! We found the best way is to either read Ulysses out loud preferably in a reading group like at Sweny's Chemist in Dublin (the original location of Lotus Eaters) or get an audiobook out. Joyce is not a big fan of punctuation or short sentences...

    We did an interactive reading group last year, culminating in Romping through Ulysses - James Joyce meets Rocky Horror which we will perform again this Bloomsday. We used props from our Bloomsday Survival Kit to bring Ulysses to life.

    ReplyDelete